This bill, if it passes through the MO Sentate, would do 3 things:
1) Identify Youth Violence as a public health epidemic,
2) Say MO supports trauma informed education for our young people,
3) Name June 7th Christopher Harris Day (after Bruce’s brother, killed at age 9),
Re-Envisioning & Re-Investing In Public Safety PowerPoints
3-28-18 – “Arrest & Incarcerate” has been the response to crime for the last 30 years leaving us with overflowing jails & prisons, lives and communities destroyed and with little to no increase in public safety.
We need to Re-Envision Public Safety in order to proactively address the root causes of crime.
Re-Investing in Public Safety would redirect money from the arrest & incarcerate model to partnerships with social services.
1) Re-Envision Public Safety PowerPoint here.
2) Re-Investing in Public Safety PowerPoint here.
If you would like to have CAPCR present to your neighborhood group, church group, or social justice organization, please contact us at 314-332-1262.